|Submission of Final Papers||September 7, 2018|
- ALL submissions must be made on-line from this web site.
- Email submissions will NOT be accepted.
- If you are making multiple submissions, you only need to create one web account. Use the same account (User name & Password) for any additional submissions.
- If you need to edit any author information or resubmit your paper, it may be done up until the submission deadline.
Final Submission Procedure
- MANDATORY: You must pay for conference registration BEFORE you will be allowed to upload your final paper. You will need your registration code in order to proceed.
- Pay for conference registration here: IEEE Sensors 2018 registration site
- Final submission is REQUIRED, even if you do not intend to make any changes to your original submission.
- BEFORE YOU PROCEED, carefully read the Author Information page to ensure that your submission meets the guidelines.
- Prepare a copy of your paper in PDF format using our templates.
- MANDATORY: Make sure your PDF file meets IEEE Xplore compliance by following the instructions on the PDF Express page.
- Log in using the same username and password you created during your initial submission. You may then edit your submission information (paper title, author list, etc) and/or resubmit your paper.
- Use our template to meet formatting requirements below. Your paper must comply with the following specifications:
- Paper Length: Maximum 4 pages | The body of the paper (i.e. text, figures, tables) should be 3 pages max, while reference should be 1 page max.
- Paper Size: US Letter (8.5" x 11")
- Fonts: Embed ALL fonts in your PDF file. Avoid the use of Type 3 fonts.
- File Format: Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Allowed File Size: 2.0Mb
- Do NOT page number your paper
- Do NOT apply security settings to your PDF file.
Note: Deviations from the above paper specifications will result in rejection of your submission.
The duration of a presentation slot is 15 minutes. You will have 12 minutes for the presentation itself and 3 minutes for questions from the audience.
A LCD projector & computer (Windows 7, MS Powerpoint & Adobe Acrobat Reader) will be available in every session room for regular presentations.
Preparation of Visuals:
- PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST EITHER BRING BRING A MEMORY STICK CONTAINING YOUR PRESENTATION FILE OR YOUR OWN LAPTOP COMPUTER WITH THE APPROPRIATE PRESENTATION SOFTWARE LOADED.
- Files can be uploaded to the local PCs in the lecture rooms during the breaks between the sessions. To avoid software compatibility problems (MS Powerpoint), speakers are advised to EMBED ALL FONTS in your Powerpoint file AND bring a backup PDF-version of your presentation.
- Speakers should arrive in their session room 15 minutes BEFORE the start of your session to report to the chair person. A proctor will also be available in case you need technical assistance.
- Speakers are strongly encouraged to visit the Speaker Preparation room in advance of your presentation to avoid any last minute problems. The Speakers' Preparation room will be available on all days that sessions are scheduled.
- Limit the number of words per visual to no more than 20.
- Leave space, at least the height of a capital letter, between lines of text.
- All fonts, including that on graphs, should be 18 point or larger.
- Graphs and charts should have bold lines and symbols that contrast sharply with the background.
There will be a large number of posters presented during the conference. It is essential that your poster is put up just before the session and removed immediately after it has ended.
The placement of your poster will be marked on the panel, where it will be presented with the number of your poster contribution: Ex. A5P-N.1 (A=first day, 5=the time slot, P=poster session, N=Area 1, .1=poster 1). Look for your number in the conference program.
The size of the poster panel that is available to each presenter is:
- 200cm (high) x 100cm (wide)
- The format of the poster panel is portrait (height > width). This can not be modified. You are free to choose a single poster (or many smaller posters) that fit on the given panel size.
Your posters will be attached to the panel with push pins, which will already be available on the panel. If you need more pins, please contact the poster area proctor. After you have removed your poster, please leave pins on the board.
For Further Assistance
- In order to help you meet the above paper specifications, please use the templates which can be found on the Templates page.
- If you are having problems creating your file, please link to the author help page.
If your paper is accepted for publication at this conference, you will also need to adhere to the following requirements:
- IEEE policy requires that you send us a signed Copyright Form for each paper. Without this form, we can NOT publish your article.
- REMINDER: At least one author per paper must be registered AND attend the conference to present their paper.
- IEEE reserves the right to exclude any accepted paper from distribution after the conference (including, removal from IEEE Xplore) if the accepted paper is not presented at the conference.
Special Issue on the IEEE Sensors Journal
The best paper accepted for publication at this conference, will receive an invitation to submit an extended manuscript to be considered for publication on the IEEE Sensors Journal. Best papers presented at the conference will then be invited to participate to the call for papers for a special issue on the journal.